Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Not much to post this week.  This was my third week of chemotherapy and last week really knocked my socks off.  I didn't recover until the weekend rolled around.  Yesterday I had another infusion and was surprised to sit next to a former co-worker.  We were diagnosed within 6 months of each other over three years ago and lost track of each over while going thru treatment.  Monday I attended my first group support meeting at the Cancer Support Community and found it to be extremely helpful to talk to current patients who are experiencing the same symptoms and fears.  We meet once a month.

Now I'm going to have a two week break for chemotherapy and that's a little slice of heaven.  It will allow my levels to come back to normal and give me a break and have my quality of life back in place.  I plan to start basket weaving again and working on a few quilting projects for Christmas presents. 

I hope to post again next.  Thanks so all for your well wishes and good thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you're having to go through these frustrating times. Enjoy your break! I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb!!!!
    I am glad you enjoy your group meetings.
    And that you ran into a coworker.
    I miss you.
    Are you going to the us 12 sales?
    I don't know yet if I will.
    (((Big Hug)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad they have a support group where you can talk..and glad for the 2 week repreieve so you can recoop and work on your crafts..have a wonderful weekend..;)

    ReplyDelete